5. Many such things that come with hands are impossible to photograph with only two of them, or you’d see a picture here of us cuddled in bliss with our heads being skritched.
8. Tickle-chase is a wonderfully fun game.
Foster Mom’s fingers wriggle at our sides and make us all squeaky and popcorn-jumpy. When we can’t stand it any more, we run away, then run right back because it’s so much fun! She can’t jump straight up in the air like we can, but she throws bedding up and we get all excited about that, too. Then we jump on each other and have a good wrestle before we start all over again. Too bad it’s another one of those things you can’t get a picture of with only two hands!
9. All in all, life is pretty darned good.
10. The only thing we don’t have is a forever home. We’re sure there’s one for us out there – is it yours?
In a side note – little Lucy and Harriet are both available to adopt again! They’re okay, just that another pair of girls who were more in need went home instead of them. Their new foster mom will be putting pictures up soon at Net-Net’s Nest – meanwhile, you can check out the previous photos there and consider them for adoption, too.
* This is a quote usually about cats – the book The Abandoned is about life among stray cats. But rats have many cat-like qualities, including cleanliness and a sense of dignity.