It’s time for Freebie Friday again – and this one’s open to international entries – Yay!
How about another handbeaded bracelet?
This is a bracelet made of glass beads – seed beads and 4mm round beads – using a stitch called Right-Angle Weave. Right-Angle Weave (RAW) is a needle-and-thread technique. The seed beads in this bracelet are first stitched together to make a base band with RAW, then the round beads are added on top as an embellishment.
The bracelet is a generous 8 1/4″ long – I sized it to fit my own wrist. I’m giving it away, though, because as much as I enjoyed making jewelry, I never wear any.
The colors are non-traditional. The seed bead base is made of lavender-colored 11/o’s, with a pearl finish. The 4mm round glass beads on top are a 50/50 mix of a peridot AB finish (Aurora Borealis), and a fuschia-lined blue (clear blue bead with a pink lining in the hole). The overall effect is bright, fresh, and funky. The colors are fairly true in these photographs.
It fastens with a magnet clasp, making it very easy to put on your wrist – just get the ends close to each other and they’ll snap shut. If you win, though, wear the bracelet with caution – although reasonably strong, the magnets can pull open if the bracelet catches on something like a purse strap or the edge of a pocket.
Would you like this bracelet to be yours? Here’s how!
- All readers are eligible for entry to this drawing, including international mailing addresses.
- Enter by commenting to the contest post before Noon, Eastern Time, on Monday, October 22nd. Only one entry per person for commenting.
- Earn a second entry by posting about the contest on your own blog, and linking to this post. E-mail me at fiber AT folkcatart DOT com to tell me you’ve done so. Don’t forget to post soon enough that your own readers have a chance to join in the fun!
- Have you won a prize at Crafting Jen before? No worries, you can enter again!
- The winner will be chosen by a random drawing from all entries received before the deadline.
- I’ll announce the winner on the blog on Monday, and will also e-mail them for their mailing address.
Good luck to everyone who enters, and have a great weekend!