And So, At Last

As we feared. Dad took a turn for the worse last night. He would no longer be able to live without the respirator and other equipment. He may not even make it through the night. Outlying family is working on getting here, such as they can.

We had already consulted everyone on the phone, and gave the doctors our consensus – a DNR order. Dad wouldn’t want to live the life he’d be forced into if, by some miracle, he came through this.

Bill and I are very glad we got here when we did yesterday. Mom didn’t have to go through the meeting alone. We were there to ask questions and make sure we knew everything possible to make the decision.

I guess we’re now, officially, in the waiting phase.

Comments are closed.


Copyright © 2020 Jenny Kubeck - All Rights Reserved
Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum