Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Return of the Frogs

*sigh*

SE4 was coming along beautifully - or so I thought.

When I last reported on it, here, I was about to pick up the side stitches after doing the heel flap and turning the heel. Since then, I got all the way down to the last round of instep decreases before I discovered a problem.

Somehow, I had picked up one more stitch on one side than the other. I think. Or, looking at the line of decreases on that side, there is one spot that bobbles a little, all the way back at the beginning of the decrease section. I may have done something funky there that left one more stitch.

I carefully undid the stitches in the decrease area alone down to just past the problem, and I carefully re-knit all those rows back up, and still had a problem.

Being thoroughly stumped by this time, I felt the better part of valor was to ribbit! ribbit! ribbit! all the way back to where I left off last time. So, if you want to see a picture of the current status of this WIP, just look at that listing and see the picture there.